Sunday, August 2, 2009

Things 6

Well, this is what I know...
I know that I could spend the rest of my life playing with the various things on bighugelabs. I can see how kids [and grown-ups] could use these tools. I can see the collaborative nature of each application. I can see older students making spelling cards for younger ones. I can see PreK and early elementary teachers making cards to increase vocabulary - which could also be done for virtually every class, K-12.

[Since I'm a photographer's wife, I spent way too long on the mosaic piece.]

I forgot to add - since I am married to a photographer, I have had experience with the flickr site.
The use of mashups students could create many wonderful library research experiences.
I can see calendars made by students using their favorite books. I can see them creating trading cards for their favorite writers and characters. The list is endless!

2 comments:

  1. Post a sample for us to see your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! I spent WAY too much time there too! Just wait till you get to Thing #10!

    ReplyDelete